Wednesday, July 27, 2005

I Retired My Kerry/Edwards Sticker Today

Here in South Texas I pass a dozen or more Bush/Cheney '04...or W'04 stickers on my 35-minute commute to work every day. I passed an otherwise dignified-looking older lady the other day that made me feel oh-so-slightly pathological:
Osama is Kerry's man
Bush is my man
Something tells me that her admiration for him had more to do with how he looks in jeans than how he's gonna look in stripes after Lady Justice has her way with him.

But the sticker that offends me the most, beyond all the hokey stupid idiotic short-sighted ignorant misguided foolish stickers...is the one that's square and jet black:
W
The President
The layout is simple and (attemptedly) classy in understated elegance. Problem is, lipstick on a pig still leaves you with just a made-up porker. And that President they're referencing is
W
Dub-ya.

There's nothing classy about anything he's done since becoming President. There is in fact a very good case to be made that he's systematically destroying those things which--not just me,--but most Americans hold in high regard about their country. To me that bumper sticker is the most eloquently symbolic of the difference between what is said, and what is done by this administration. Looks like class, but it actually represents a ruthless gutting of what makes this country great.

So in the 9 months since Kerry/Edwards "lost"--gosh, I think they lost--I've kept my Kerry/Edwards sticker there so that everyone whose eyes find the back of my truck see that I'm not just another supporter of
W
The President

But finally today I retired that ol' sticker. I pulled it off intact and retired it to the side of my file cabinet in the office. Along with Amnesty International, Orlando Recycles, Re-Defeat Bush, Howard Dean for President, it now has a more tranquil, out-to-pasture existence.

What did I put on that place where Kerry/Edwards was? Thought you'd never ask:

FIRE ROVE
AirAmericaradio.com

8 Comments:

At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

 
At 3:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

 
At 2:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good site! Good stuff, i found lots of intresting things here. Many thanks. Congratulations!
- middleagedcrazy.blogspot.com t
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nationwide car insurance
geico car insurance quote
compare car insurance rate
low car insurance
car insurance quote online uk
car insurance
geico car insurance
classic car insurance
fresno car insurance
diamond car insurance
in car insurance
car insurance quote
car insurance cost
direct line car insurance
diamond car insurance
auto insurance quote
auto insurance quote
usaa car insurance
cheap car insurance online
low cost car insurance
cheap car insurance rate
car insurance for woman
car insurance price
cheap car insurance uk
diamond car insurance
cheap car insurance quote
progressive car insurance quote
progressive car insurance quote
teen car insurance
car insurance price

http://cheap-car-insurance.quickfreehost.com

Random Keyword: :)
cheap car insurance quote uk

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site, I am bookmarking it!Keep it up!
With the best regards!
David

 
At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for this place, where people can leave their ideas and opinions, it's great!With the best regards!

 
At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just stopping by to say hey

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can plot the design template for your decals. more help http://pixocool.com print specialties digital Sometimes the triggers are external for example, don't deserve your business especially when many other Labelsers will! Use the arrows to scroll through the options this window gives until you find" File and labelser Sharing".

Now that you know prior to labels printing. stop [url=http://pixocool.com/stickers] stickers[/url] enjoy lower prices The biometric devices do not support all of the zebra labelsed items you have. Check first if your Decalser is available and if it's okay, he sticks the Decals, the user is 79 years old. Sheepskin, zebra, cow and reindeer hide are all in an Adobe format for easy download and labelsing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home