Friday, March 04, 2005

What is this, Seattle?

I bought this pretty snazzy bike a couple of weeks ago. And so we've had rain almost every day since I got it. I look at the forecast for the next week and most days have at least a 30% chance of rain. And I'm thinkin', this is Texas. Texas.

C'mon. Cactus. Heat. Dry, blue skies. Where are they? I've been assuaging my frustration by saying that "at least that means we'll have a great spring for flowers." Bluebonnets are the state flower and here is what they look like on a good year. Bluebonnets are fabulous all by themselves, but when they're mixed with Indian Paintbrush, they're hard to beat.

I was telling the weatherman at the station where I work that we need a new weather device. Something to measure how murky and moist the weather is. I suggested we call it the
Seattle-ometer
or perhaps it should be called the
Drear-ometer
Maybe something needs to address the bad-hair-day nature of murkey weather. The graphic icons on one end of the scale show fluffy, flowing hair, and on the other someone obviously experiencing a bad hair day. It would do me no good. I've been experiencing a bad hair decade...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home