Thursday, February 24, 2005

What Sprouted From his Mouth In Brussels:

They don't make Presidents like they used to. And Lawd knows that Mr. Bush has lowered the standard by which we measure the humans who ascend to the highest office in the land. But his joint press conference in Brussels took the cake.

Well, at least for this week.

Referencing the growing sense that the US may be thinking of an invasion of Iran, he said "This notion that the United States is getting ready to attack Iran is simply ridiculous." He paused a couple of beats, then said "Having said that, all options are on the table." It was followed by open laughter. Begs the question: were they laughing at him, or with him? And the other question it begs is "could our President represent us any worse than he does on the world stage?"

Why does his quote get so annoyingly under my skin? Allright, let's pull out the hair-splitter here: He said that the idea that were were going to attack Iran was ridiculous. Then by saying that all options--including that one--were on the table, it means that we would definitely consider doing the ridiculous.

I truly don't know how to follow that up. I suppose I can say that the path towards doing the ridiculous is a well-worn path that he knows so well he can drive it with his eyes closed.

My footlocker full of reasons to dislike this guy is full to overflowing. I'm gonna have to rent a storage unit nearby to store all the antics and accidental malapropisms and Bushisms and just plain stupid mistakes he's made.

And I think back of how so many people gave as a reason for their vote for Mr. Bush: "He just seems like the kind of guy you could drink a beer with."

That's all well and good...but when I think of who it is I want as President, I want someone smarter than me! I can drink a beer with a friend! Next time around folks, let's leave the presidenting to someone who's capable of it, could we?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home