Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Welcome to Me!

Welcome to the internet, dear Bloghead (me). I'm new to this whole thing. The wife is waltzing me through this.
But enough about the trite, what about the war in Iraq?

I know, I know...everyone has an opinion, and I'm not unique in that regard. But I heard projections today about the war costing at least 200 Billion to complete. And I'm thinking, it's a damned good thing that America's a perfect place. No one's hungry. No one has incurable disease. Everyone was born perfectly able to deal in this world both psychologically and physically. No one's abused. And no one has drug or alcohol problems.

Because otherwise there might be a great big fat reason to get upset over the idea of borrowing 200 Billion dollars--you realize that, right? This is all deficit spending...so we're borrowing that amount and paying back with interest--otherwise, borrowing and spending 200 Billion bucks might seem just a little...just a tiny bit indulgent, doncha think

So like I say, I'm glad this here country where we live is such the land of plenty that we can afford to borrow all that money, make all those enemies, and piss away our futures...our kids can pay for the whole thing, 'cause Lord knows we'll still be paying for this by the time I'm pushin' daisies.

Okay, I guess that's it for my first diatribe. My wife sits here tapping her feet saying "Hey, I'm ready for bed...enough already!" So I sign this off, with love for our beloved president...and, more seriously, with concern for all those young men and women doing his dirty work abroad. Goodnight and Godspeed (whatever the hell that means...I never understood it, you probably didn't either...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home